Can you think of a better way to start the day than with a homemade cinnamon banana pancake, made with love from scratch?
I’ve been working to perfect this cinnamon banana pancake recipe, and I have finally arrived at the perfect combination of whole wheat flour, banana and egg whites for the ultimate healthy AND delicious pancake.
This cinnamon banana pancake is now my favorite breakfast. It’s sweet and fluffy with a bit of crunch thanks to the almonds! You also get 14 grams of protein in just one pancake — which will keep you full, energized and focused all morning long.
Cinnamon Banana Pancake Ingredients (Ready in Less than 7 minutes from scratch!)
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup crushed almonds
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 packets of Pure Via (sugar substitute)
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter spray
Cinnamon Banana Pancake Directions
Step 1: Mash a peeled banana in with a fork in a small bowl until the consistency is soft and mushy.
Step 2: Add the egg whites, whole wheat flour, almonds, cinnamon and sugar substitute. Swirl it all around for 30 seconds, or until it’s all mixed evenly.
Step 3: Over medium heat, warm a small pan coated with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter spray. When the pan is warm, add the pancake mixture. After two minutes, flip the pancake over and let cook for another two minutes. Note from KK: When flipping the pancake, don’t hesitate — once your spatula is firmly underneath the pancake, flip it quickly. If you flip it slowly, the pancake will ooze midway, and though it will taste good in the end, it won’t resemble a pancake.
Step 4: Place the pancake on a plate and spray liberally with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter spray. Cover in sliced almonds and sliced banana and serve!
Cinnamon Banana Pancake Nutritional Information
Cinnamon Banana Pancake Substitutions/Additions
- Feel free to substitute almonds for nuts of your own choosing (like chopped walnuts or pecans) — just make sure the nut is finely chopped so it blends into the pancake.
- Chocolate or white chocolate chips also make for a nice additional ingredients.
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter can be substituted for regular butter, of course. You can also use vegetable oil or coconut oil to grease the pan if you’d prefer. Similarly, regular sugar can replace Pure Via if you prefer traditional sugar, and regular flour can replace wheat flour — my recipe was just optimized for absolute healthiness.